- Physics Department
- Initial training - Continuing education - Part-time training - Apprenticeship - Professionalization contract
- Marseille Luminy
Don't remain a simple user of digital and communication tools, become an actor in their development and security.
Computer networks are an important economic sector worldwide, generating highly skilled jobs. The activity of operators and SMEs focuses on IT developments : networks, Internet of Things, cloud, ToIP, video streaming... Computer networks rely heavily on telecommunications networks whose rapid development is due to perpetual innovation in this field (GSM, ADSL, TNT, WIFI...). Because telecommunication support technology has now reached maturity, the job market is now focused on network architecture, security and Internet of Things (IoT) solutions. These areas are targeted by the cursus. The IoT cursus is co-accredited with the Ecole Nationale Superieure des Mines de Saint-Etienne, Campus of Gardanne.
The master is for students with a bachelor in computer science, sciences and physics for engineers, networks and telecommunications, mathematics, EEA, physics, physics and chemistry. This Master is available in :
- Standard formation
- Ongoing training for employees or jobseekers
- Part-time students
STRUCTURE AND ORGANISATION
The first year of Master is common to both cursi. Network training is based on e-learning (CISCO Net-Academy) and after two years, graduated students get CCNA and/or CCNP accreditation. Part-time students have a personalized timetable to allow them to spend half of the week at the University and the other in the company, until the internship period. The mandatory internships are at least 3 months in the first year and 4 months in the second year.
KNOWLEDGE TO BE ACQUIRED
The Master allows you to acquire high-level skills in the field of architecture and security of wide area networks as well as in Internet of Things. Cloud Computing, Storage, ToIP, Virtualization, Security, Quality of Service, M2M, Embedded Software Development are at the core of the Master. Finally, the programs have been designed to also give students the basics of telecommunications that an executive staff needs to know.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS TO BE ACQUIRED
- Use and implement the concepts of data transmission, databases, cybersecurity, monitoring and administration of local or wide area networks, communication protocols in telecommunications and network domains.
- Design optimal technical solutions fitting to the needs and compatible with the existing digital networks and telephony infrastructure by integrating the concepts of scalability and energy saving.
- Present, argue and transmit technical information, either by writing technical and financial proposals, summary and activity reports or technical documentation, or in front of an audience, using especially the modern means of videocommunications.
- Develop and implement individual and collective projects to propose network architecture, telephony or sensor solutions, to plan and coordinate the interventions of teams and subcontractors involved, by monitoring the project up to at the recipe phase.
- Offer operational, innovative and upgradeable digital solutions to companies through the implementation of disciplinary and multidisciplinary knowledge and by relying on a digital tool specific to the management of IT projects.
- Develop an own professional project corresponding to skills and motivations favouring their integration in professional organizations.
- Network Architecture and Cybersecurity Cursus : Design, implement and manage wide area networks and telephony solutions taking into account cybersecurity and quality of service.
- Internet of Things Cursus : Design, implement and manage smart and secure networks of connected objects by offering green energy saving solutions and sensors suitable for different environments : civil, military, hostile.
INTERNSHIPS AND SUPERVISED PROJECTS
The teaching is based as much as possible on the realization of projects. The search for an internship is carried out individually by each student, to place him/her in a pre-hiring situation. A teaching unit, provided by the HRD of a recruitment agency, is offered in the first year to help students write CVs and cover letters and prepare for interviews and speaking. The internship is governed by an agreement in accordance with the regulations of Aix-Marseille University. The internship lasts 3 to 5 months in the first year of the Master's programme and 4 to 6 months in the second year. The projects and internships are an opportunity to put into practice the ITIL tool taught in a professionalization unit.
The second year of the master's degree offers two cursi. The first deals with architecture and network security, with immediate professional insertion after graduation. The second cursus is focused on Internet of Things : a field in full expansion that will allow graduates either to integrate into the job market, or to go on a PhD. Both cursi also allow to go on a 6th year of engineering school.
SUPPORT FOR YOUR ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT
- Formation en e-learning
- Mise en situation
- Réalisation de projets
- Présentation orale et écrite des travaux effectués pendant les projets
- Accès au projet Voltaire (e-learning d'orthographe)
SUPPORT FOR YOUR LABOR MARKET INTEGRATION
- Master Alumni Book
- Direct interaction with professionals
- Dedicated professionalization lectures (ITIL tools for project management, digital law, job interview simulation)
- Part-time program
Master's integration is subject to an eligibility stage consisting of an examination of the student's scores from end of high-school to bachelor. Final admission is done via (skype) interview.
Application for :
- Master 1 : You must have a bachelor in computer science, sciences and physics for engineers, networks and telecommunications, mathematics, EEA, physics, physics and chemistry. Other license courses may allow integration on dispensation.
- Master 2 : You must hold a first year of Master in Networks and Telecommunications or Computer Science.
SCHOOL REGISTRATIONDiploma can be access by
- Initial Formation (FI)
- Continious formation (FC)
- Alertnating Learning formation (FAL)
- Technical Learning formation (FAP)
- Contract Learning formation (CP)
Course of study
Network Architecture and Security Course
Internet of Things (IoT) pathway
Complementary Computing Skills Course