SATIS in figures :
- 140 students
- 12 administrative staff
- 10 teachers (including 1 PAST and 1 ATER at 50%)
The SATIS Department is located in Aubagne, the site already includes 1600 m2 and a new building of 600 m2 is currently under construction.
This new building gathers all the tools of post-production (image, sound, music), it will be delivered next July.
It contains 11 film editing booths, 11 sound/music editing booths, a sound stage, a music mixing room, two 7.1 mixing auditoriums (pre-equipped with Dolby Atmos), nodes...
PRISM (Perception, Representations, Image, Sound, Music) is an interdisciplinary laboratory, under the supervision of the CNRS, Aix-Marseille University and the Ministry of Culture, which brings together researchers, teacher-researchers, and researcher-creators specializing in the fields of image, sound and music. PRISM promotes interdisciplinarity around the issues of perception, representations and their uses. The combination of fundamental sciences, human sciences and artistic creations (music, cinema, sound and visual arts) that is at the heart of PRISM's scientific project allows us to address these issues by integrating various disciplines from the fields of physics and signal processing, art and aesthetic sciences, medicine and neuroscience. Image, sound and music are studied as manipulable and measurable research objects, but also as artistic practices capable of transforming reality and its discourses. The scientific challenge of PRISM is to reveal how the audible, the visible and their interactions generate new forms of sensitive and/or formal representations of the contemporary world.
The SATIS Department (Sciences Arts and Techniques of Image and Sound) of the Faculty of Sciences of the University of Aix-Marseille is taking a new step. After more than 30 years of establishment in Aubagne, a new building, new equipment and a rehabilitated site give the training a new impulse and make it climb a new step.
It was in 1989 that the first Master's degree in Image and Sound Sciences and Techniques was awarded. Today, we train at a Bachelor's level (Science and Technology degree) and Master's level (Master of Cinema and Audiovisual).
Since its inception, the training has evolved, grown, structured to reach maturity in recent years. Today, an important and experienced team of more than 20 people (excluding professional contributors) is in place, an ambitious project is developed, important means are allocated to the training and high level equipment is implemented.
Some essential principles and choices are affirmed and constitute the foundations of the SATIS pedagogical philosophy:
- The pedagogical approach articulates at the same time theoretical teachings (in human sciences, in artistic disciplines and in fundamental sciences) and professional practices within concrete applications and realization projects.
- Students from different disciplinary backgrounds are admitted
- An innovative system of individual support helps students find employment by combining the knowledge they have acquired, the work they do on their dissertation, and their internships in companies.
Today, our university department continues to structure itself and is equipped with an alumni association to formalize a real network for the more than 1500 students who have followed this training.
SATIS is today asserting itself with a school spirit, in direct contact with reality, fundamentally interested in the question of jobs and their evolution. But this focus is also accompanied by the need to provide students, future professionals, with a real ability to communicate with their environment, an open-mindedness and a quality requirement supported by solid cultural references.
SATIS, as a university training of master level (and even doctorate for a very limited number of students), brings to the students acquired knowledge, a know-how, but also a knowledge to be which must accompany them in a world in permanent change.
The teaching team is composed of academics and professionals.
First name Last name Status Subjects taught Rémi ADJIMAN Senior Lecturer Sound Thierry AGUILA Associate Professor Direction, Script, Stage direction Rosine BENARD Lecturer Editing Natacha CYRULNIK Senior lecturer Documentary production Frédérique DEVAUX-AMARGER Senior Lecturer History of cinema, History of experimental cinema, Editing Javier ELIPE GIMENO Senior lecturer Musical composition in the image Alexandre ESCARGUEL Senior Lecturer UFR Sciences Wave physics Simon FARGEOT Doctoral student - in charge of teaching Signal, computer science David GOLDIE Certified English Stéphanie GOLDIE Certified English Antoine GONOT Senior Lecturer Signal, Digital image and sound, Anatomopsychology Jean-Marc LAYET University Professor UFR Sciences Wave physics Olivier MORIZOT Lecturer UFR Sciences Physics Isabelle RENUCCI Certified Professional insertion Isabelle SINGER Lecturer Film analysis, History of cinema, Cinematography
First name Last name Position Telephone Brigitte MAURICE Manager 04.13.55.18.91 Elise PERRET Assistant of direction 04.13.55.03.58 Martine RIVIERI Continuing education (DAEU) 04.13.55.18.96 Marta TALACHA SPICUGLIA Documentalist/SatisAlumni 04.13.55.18.92 Florence TILDACH School/Communication 04.13.55.18.95
First name Last name Position Telephone Frédéric BELIN Sound coordinator 04.13.55.18.87 Jean-Pierre BLAS Stage technician 04.13.55.18.98 Cédric BOTTERO Video Technician 04.13.55.18.72 Frédéric CELLY Image Coordinator 04.13.55.18.71 Marianne CHARBONNIER Production Coordinator 04.13.55.18.86 Richard FAGES Logistics Manager 04.13.55.18.83 Frédéric MASSON Music coordinator 04.13.55.18.93
First name Last name Position Frédéric BIELLE Sound engineer Rémi DUMAS Editor Enguerrand DUMONT Camera operator Victor EDE Producer Cyrielle FAURE Editor Florent FOURNIER Post-Prod sound Julien GROSSI Casting director Gaëlle GUILLERMIN Editor Elory HUMEZ Head of sound Romain HUONNIC Sound engineer Sabine JOUVE Lawyer Teddy LAROUTIS Assistant director Antonio MAGLIANO Producer Véronique POLTZ Music teacher Lionel PONS Music teacher Aurélie TESSIER Production assistant Jean-Christophe VICTOR Writer-director
The SATIS department has privileged relationships with a certain number of organizations
- GMEM* Musical Creation Center
- Aubagne Conservatory
- Conservatoire National à Rayonnement Régional de Marseille* (National Regional Conservatory of Marseille)
- ERACM, Regional School of Actors of Cannes and Marseille
- Aubagne International Film Festival
- France 3 Méditerranée
- Region SUD
- Réplique (La) (Collective of professional actors)
- Semaine du Son (The)
- SIRAR (Regional site of help to the realization)
- Théâtre National de la Criée
- City of Aubagne
- Zinc, Center of creation of arts and digital cultures
* partnership in progress
SATIS has set itself the objective of creating a Development Council for each degree.
The council of improvement is a body of dialogue in charge, among other things, of
- to enlighten the pedagogical team on the current and prospective situation of employment in the field covered by the diploma(s) or those to which it prepares,
- to facilitate communication between the person(s) in charge of the diploma and the economic or associative fabric concerned by the graduates, in particular through specific supports,
- to help set up a skills approach and to participate in the constitution of the diploma's training repository.
It contributes to the process of continuous improvement of the training.
The development council is made up of the person(s) in charge of the degree(s), representatives of the teaching staff, student representatives and members from outside the university concerned by the field covered by the degree.
- Renaud Barbier : Musician
- Fédéric Bielle : Sound engineer
- Alexandre Cornu : Producer
- Jacques Hubinet : Producer
- Bernard Sasia : Chief editor
- Jean-Louis Vialard : Chief operator
And if you choose the SATIS department of the UFR Sciences
The training courses offered by SATIS are eligible for the apprenticeship tax.
Professional integration is today, along with training, one of the fundamental missions of the University. Our ambition is to increase the competences of our students who are future professionals of the business world.
The apprenticeship tax is a significant means to ensure this development.
Invest in your future skills!
This year, the apprenticeship tax can be paid either :
- by bank transfer: Specify in the subject of the transfer: UAI code: 0133768A
BIC : TRPUFRP1
IBAN : FR76 1007 1130 0000 0010 2006 780
- by check: to the order of the Accounting Officer of the University
Specify on the back of the check or in your mail : UAI code : 0133768A
- by credit card: via our new dedicated website: https://ta.univ-amu.fr
In order for the funds to reach us, it is imperative to specify the UAI code : 0133768A,
You will find enclosed a payment slip that you must return to us by e-mail, it will allow us to issue the receipts in full discharge of your payment.
As part of their curriculum, students are required to complete internships.
All internships are subject to a mandatory agreement between the student, our training institution and yourself.
Periods of internship:
- L3: June-July-August
- M1: January-February-July-August
- M2: April-May-June-July-August-September
All students can be hired during vacation periods (Christmas, Winter and Spring).
If you are looking for an intern, please send your offer to Isabelle RENUCCI : firstname.lastname@example.org
The SATIS department's library resource center is part of the University of Aix-Marseille's BU network
Conditions of access
- Loan after registration on presentation of the student card
- On-site consultation with free access
- Monday 9am-12.15pm and 1pm-4pm
- Tuesday 9am-12.15pm and 1pm-3pm
- Wednesday 9am-12:15pm and 1pm-5:30pm
- Thursday 9am-12.15pm and 1pm-3pm
Marta Talacha Spicuglia :email@example.com
04 13 55 18 92
At your service!
You will find in the library books, DVDs (fiction and documentaries, experimental cinema, world cinema), audio CDs (film music, contemporary music...), magazines and the memoirs of former students.
A computer station connected to the internet is available for free.
Don't hesitate to ask for a helping hand for your documentary research!
@SATISTEK, Follow the library's activity on Twitter
Other resource sites
- The SUDOC catalog, the University Documentation System catalog, is the French collective catalog produced by the libraries and documentation centers of higher education and research.
- The Aubagne media library
- Network of libraries in Marseille
- The Cinémathèque française gives access to Cinéressources, the collective catalog of film libraries and archives
- The bookmarks of the library : an organized selection of websites
Keep in touch and benefit from a real network by joining SATIS ALUMNI, the alumni association of the SATIS department.
During the three years of study, students are encouraged to experiment with several types of audiovisual productions
License 3 - Semester 1 - 15 sound dramas per year
Production in triads of a sound fiction between 3 and 5 minutes. First experiences in script writing, directing, sound recording and sound editing. Free subject.
License 3 - Semester 2 - 6 episodes per year
Production of the WebTV of the Aubagne International Film Festival. Fiction, interview, report, zapping....
License 3 - Semester 2 - 47 photo stories per year
Personal production, the photo story is a short story of 3 min made of photographs and sounds. Free subject.
Master 1 - Semester 1 - 5 films per year
Filmed in Super 16 over a period of one day in a maximum of 8 shots (240 m of film) from scripts adapted during a writing workshop. The sound is recorded on an analog medium.
Master 1 - Semester 2 - 24 films per year
Production, in pairs, of an experimental film lasting no more than 3 minutes. Choice of medium and subject.
Master 1 - Semester 2 - 5 films per year
Scientific documentaries made with a research laboratory of Aix-Marseille University. 13 minutes on imposed subjects.
Final year films
Master 2 - Semester 1 - 3 films per year
Fiction or documentary films. Free subject. Duration of about 20 minutes.
Master - 1 film-concert per year
Diffusion of the last year's films in the form of a ciné-concert and the Regards Croisés workshop (meeting of international film music schools) realized within the framework of the Aubagne International Film Festival.
At the Comedia (Aubagne) and the Théâtre national de La Criée (Marseille).
In partnership with the Conservatory of Aubagne and CNRR Pierre Barbizet (Marseille)